I love this city, the people, the vibes and all the amazing things you can visit. I'm not a big fan of Taiwanese food but if you like it, Taipei is a real paradise for this as well!
What are the 10 must dos in this beautiful city?
I would say...
- Stroll around Ximending district
- Walk along Dihua St
- Visit Bao An temple and Confucius temple
- Get amazed in the big square in Zhongshan district where you find four incredible buildings, one on each side: the National Chiang Kai-shek Memorial Hall, the National Concert Hall, the National Central Library and the Evergreen Maritime Museum
- Rent UBike and ride along Keelung river
- Visit Wufenpu market: a maze of lanes and alleys full of racks of clothing, a gigantic outlet that carries literally everything, mainly women's apparel and accessories
- Go on top on the 101 tower, the highest in Asia: 360-degree view of the city
- Hike on top of Elephant Mountain to see the sunset on the city (easy hike)
- Visit one of the many night markets! I would suggest to avoid Shilin since it's too commercial and touristic... Go for either Raohe or Linjiang St! :) Make sure you try some typical food like the stinky tofu or, if you eat meat, you'll find plenty of options!
- Get lost in Daan Forest park
Some shots taken walking around the city...