Buddha bowls not only look amazing, they are a fantastic way to eat a variety of foods and get a lot of nutrients into our bodies!
I usually change ingredients according to what inspires me at the market or my cravings! This is one of my favourite. You can stick to this or get as crazy as you like adding and removing different ingredients! 🙂
120g brown rice
100g red quinoa
10/12 Brussels sprouts, halved
1 large zucchini, sliced
100g baby salad greens
1 capsicum, sliced
10/12 cherry tomatoes, halved
1 cucumber, chopped
4 spoons of hummus
Rosemary, origan, black pepper and the spices you like
I know that many of you like avocado. I don't... but feel free to add it and make your own yummy variation! :)
1. Preheat the oven to 200°C and line a baking tray with baking paper.
2. Chop the pumpkin into squares and lay them out on the lined baking tray. Add the Brussels sprouts and chopped zucchini with the spices on top. Drizzle lightly with olive oil and roast until golden and soft (about 30 to 40 minutes).
3. Meanwhile, cook the brown rice and quinoa. I've recently bought a rice cooker, life changing! ahah
4. To serve, lay the baby salad greens in a bowl. Add the brown rice and quinoa mixture then top with Brussels sprouts, zucchini, roasted pumpkin, capsicum, tomatoes, cucumber and beetroot. Add a spoonful of hummus on top!
5. Drizzle over fresh lemon juice (or balsamic vinegar or dressing of choice) and finish with salt/pepper to taste!