I've recently come back from an AMAZING trip to Sri Lanka! I'm still speechless if I think about all the wonderful things that this country has to offer. In a certain sense it reminded me of Kerala and overall it was a unique experience!
Below you'll find a list of the main things you should do while visiting Sri Lanka and I'm already writing specific posts to go deeper in details and share with you my experience :)
By the way, the only point listed below that I didn't do is "whale watching"... it's quite common over there but I was afraid it would have been a waste of time and I preferred to do other activities since the time I had was quite limited!
In case you do it, let me know!! :)
- Take the famous train to/from Ella!!!
- Do a safari (Uda Walawe or Yala, the first one is less crowded and touristic)
- Eat rice and curry
- Climb Adam's Peak (NOT during weekends)
- Visit the Cultural Triangle
- Visit a tea plantation in Kandy or Nuwara Eliya area
- Climb Lion's Rock in Sigiriya
- Go in one of the Bawa hotels
- Visit Galle, beautiful old Dutch colony
- Enjoy the nature and look for wildlife
- Do an Ayurvedic massage
- Surf and relax by the beach on the South of the island (Arugam Bay, Tangalla or Mirissa)
- Attend a Kandyan dancing show
- Visit the 5 cave temples in Dambulla
- Go whale watching
Now you can start planning your next trip! ;)
Subscribe to my blog to receive the next articles!